1-“Throttle, Thunder, and the Elephant’s Lesson”

 



“Throttle, Thunder, and the Elephant’s Lesson”

 

Welcome once again to story-time, my friends, and I promise you this one will make your pulse race!

It was one of those perfect monsoon mornings – a soft silver drizzle drifting across the endless green sea of my tea plantation. But I wasn’t thinking about tea leaves that day. My blood was on fire. After weeks of secret runs, I had finally pushed my roaring Yamaha RX 100 to a screaming 140 km/hr on the hidden stretch of tarmac that everyone else called the corporate landing strip. My Manager had given me the green light – “Use it, but don’t kill yourself!” – and I had turned that smooth runway into my personal racetrack, a 9-hole golf course by day, and my private temple of speed by dawn.

The engine howled like a caged tiger as I leaned low into the corners, wind whipping rain into my face, heart hammering louder than the pistons. I felt unstoppable – an adventurer tea planter living the dream!

When the thrill of asphalt finally cooled, I couldn’t stop. I kicked the bike onto the wild dirt tracks that snake through the hills, jumping streams, dodging low branches, tyres clawing through red mud. The plantation was mine – wild, untamed, alive. Somewhere along the way I left the familiar path and plunged deeper into the dense, dripping forest. The canopy closed above me like a green cathedral. Birds fell silent. Even the rain seemed to hold its breath.

Then I saw it.

A tiny baby elephant, no taller than my bike, standing alone in a small clearing. Rain glistened on its wrinkled skin… but something was terribly wrong. Thick clouds of steam were rising from its body! The little giant was literally boiling with rage. Its left hind leg was chained to a massive banyan tree, and every time it lunged forward the iron links sang a deadly song. The baby was fighting for its life, trunk thrashing, eyes wild with fury. One wrong move and those tiny tusks could have ended me.

My heart slammed against my ribs. I killed the engine and crept closer, boots sinking into the wet leaves. That’s when I heard crashing footsteps behind me.

The mahout – the elephant trainer – burst out of the bushes, eyes wide with alarm. “Sahib! Careful!” he panted. He quickly explained: they were training the calf. Then he pointed deeper into the shadows.

There stood the mother – a massive, majestic beast – tied to nothing more than a thin wooden stake no thicker than my wrist!

I stared in disbelief. “How… how can something that powerful be held by a stick?”

The mahout smiled sadly. “It is not the stake, Sahib. It is the rope and the memory. From the day she was small, she learned she could not break free. Now, even though she could snap that rope like thread and walk away forever… she doesn’t even try.”

I swallowed hard. “And her strength?”

He looked me straight in the eye. “That elephant can tear your entire bungalow apart in seconds. She uproots old tea bushes that even two tractors and an excavator together cannot move. One swing of her trunk and the earth itself obeys.”

I stood there in the pouring rain, thunder rumbling in the distance, staring at the most powerful creature I had ever seen… held prisoner by nothing but her own mind.

The ride back to the factory was different. The Yamaha still roared, the forest still flashed past, but something inside me had broken loose. Every mental chain I had accepted – from school, from religion, from “that’s how things are done” – suddenly felt as thin as that little wooden stake.

I am an adventurer tea planter, and that day I made a vow: I will push my body and my mind to the absolute limit. No more invisible ropes. No more “I can’t.” The power is already inside us – we were born with it. We just forgot how to use it.

So tell me, my friends… what chains are you still carrying that you could snap with one mighty pull?

I would love to hear your stories of breaking free. Drop them in the comments – let’s inspire each other to live like the elephants we truly are: unstoppable!

Until the next wild ride… stay free, stay fearless! 🏍️🐘













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4- The Day I Negotiated with Two Thousand Roofs… and One Very Sharp Machete.

6-“SPLASH! The Ghost Under My Bed That Almost Killed Me… (It Was Just Two Lizards Throwing a Pool Party!)”